Last week I designed some stencils I had in my mind for a long time and which I wanted to use with the gelatin plate.
I started with hand drawn sketches, scanned them and made cuttable Silhouette Studio files for my electronic cutter.
Yesterday I cut them all one after the other, the poor machine was running the whole day. I just used overhead film.
And today I used almost all of them. Now they are dirty, covered with paint and somehow looking like artworks itself.
This is the big advantage of making your own stencils: when they are ruined you just make new ones.
In my next post I am going to show some of my results.