…is not to remove the cover from your brand new big size gelli plate before using it.
And it just happened to me. Having my head in the clouds, thinking of many too many other things having on my “plate” right now. After 4 prints I was wondering what was wrong with my acrylic colors today – too cold, too old, dried out… and then I saw it!!!
But let’s just call it artistic freedom and enjoy those much too dry, but interesting looking prints.
Another good thing is, it will never happen again, because the cover sheet now was much too beautiful with my self scanned and cut multi layered stencils, so that I did not clean it. It goes into the package after using just like this.
Enjoy your weekend and happy crafting,
And I found more ornaments made with the wild gears, that work to be cut from heat transfer vinyl to be ironed on t-shirt and shopping bags.
I LOVE the irregular motifs made with 3 wheels (another wheel in a big “hole” of the inner wheel) . You have to stop at some point, otherwise it will become a regular circle in the end with too many small shapes.
The start position of the wheels make a big difference how the ornament looks like. I started 3 times to get the result below, that gave me bigger parts to be filled with hand drawn lines.
I also made some ironing tests on shopping bags not expecting, that they are getting so beautifully.
They will make nice presents.
This was another test to work with very thin lines. Even with flocked material (velvet htv) it worked well.
The green ornament was a real challenge though and I had to rework the cutting by hand with a craft blade. But I am glad I did it, peeling away the overlapping edges to get 3 different designs of one pattern.
Have a great weekend!
I did it again!
Two years ago I got my first two sets of wild gears and I had so much fun with it. Now, 2 years later I discovered there are new additions, so I made myself a big gift and ordered 3 more sets.
Again it was so special to unpack them.
This time I did not remove the brown protection paper, that I could clearly see which were my first sets and which are the new parts.
After some playing and trying I made a big ornament, that could be used as a t-shirt design.
What a fun to combine 3 very different techniques:
- drawing with the spirograph
- scanning and cutting with the ScanNCut
- and ironing-on my own drawing on fabric
For the spirograph drawing I used a thick black Stabilo pen (68-series).
The contrasts and image quality were good enough for the built in scanner of the Brother ScanNCut to get all the lines and edges.
I scanned it and saved the data in the machine.
Then I chose gold metallic htv in full size, 12 x 12 in for cutting and after the result was great I just cut another one in copper.
Weeding was a job while watching TV. It took a while…
Lucky who got a heat press. 15 seconds pressing each and my new t-shirts were ready to wear.
Have a great weekend,